Tuesday, March 2, 2004

Dangerous Minds

As we get older, most of us think about the agony of losing our minds to dementia or Alzheimer's. Some bizarre mental disorders are not as common, but they do occur.

Apotemnophelia is a compulsion to amputate ones own limbs. Necrophelia is a strong sexual obsession with death. Capgrass Syndrome is a delusion of doubts. Restless leg syndrome causes a crawly sensation. Fatal Familial Insomnia is a human form of mad cow disease.

So, if you think you have any of these conditions or something as unique, but your doctor tells you it's all in your mind, your next thought could be:

1. Are you out of your mind. The doctors know everything.

2. My minds made up, I'll just have to live with it.

3. I can't make up my mind.

4. I have an open mind, as long as it doesn't cost too much.

5. In my mind, it's the HMO's fault.

6. I've a mind to find a new doctor.

7. I've had a mind to just give up.

8. I'm of two minds. One wants to accept the verdict, the other wants options.

9. I'm going to use my own mind and get an answer.

10. Maybe it's all just in my mind.

No comments: